Welcome to the OMSL Website
On this page, you will find information about the Office of Medical Service-Learning (OMSL) at the Indiana University School of Medicine (IUSM). The OMSL supports students and faculty dedicated to improving our communities, our hospitals, and our school through service-learning. Our latest happenings can be found in our most recent newsletter (pdf).
What is the OMSL Mission?
- The OMSL fosters a lifelong commitment to community service for all IUSM students through innovative service-learning experiences.
- The OMSL serves as a statewide resource to stimulate, facilitate, and coordinate the application of service-learning concepts and experiences at all IUSM campuses.
What is the OMSL Vision?
- All IUSM students have an equal opportunity to participate in a broad range of service-learning experiences, including curricular and co-curricular programs.
- All students (tomorrow’s physicians) embrace their public responsibility as advocates for the health and well-being of the community.
- Each IUSM campus offers a distinctive approach to service-learning, adapted to reflect the unique resources on each campus.