Project-Faculty/Staff Advisory Team
Medical Student Affairs
Coordinator, Community Based/Co-Curricular Learning
- Glenda Westmoreland, MD
- Lisa Harris, MD
- Tom Inui, MD
- Meg Gaffney, MD
- Brian Decker, MD
- Deanna Willis, MD
- Scott Renshaw, MD
- Stephen Bogdewic, PhD
- Javier Sevilla, MD
- Richard Schreiner, MD
- Sarah Stelzner, MD
- Jim Lemons, MD
- Diane Lorant, MD
- Abigail Klemsz, MD
- Kathleen Boyd, MD
- Emily Webber, MD (OMSL alum 2004)
- Todd Nebesio, MD
- Jason Woodward, MD (OMSL alum 2002)
- Elizabeth Ferries-Rowe, MD (OMSL alum 2002)
- Jeff Rothenberg, MD
- Alan Schmetzer, MD
- Karen West, MD
Roles of Faculty Advisor
- To respect and support the philosophy of student-owned and student-directed service-learning programs
- To serve as a mentor and advocate for students and as a sounding board for new student projects and ideas.
- Attend one designated Medical Student Service-Learning Group (MSSG) meeting each semester.
- Meet with smaller groups of students to help address specific issues.
- Intervene when students are at-risk, including for academic or politically-sensitive issues.
- Mentor students on at least one project each year (helps provide project continuity from year to year).
- Mentor students in the areas of:
- Community leadership
- Project supervision and delegation
- Reflection practices
- Fund-raising skills and responsible stewardship of donated funds
- Principles of budgeting and fiscal responsibilty
- Professional and ethical practices
- Meaningful program evaluations
- To champion the OMSL cause and raise campus awareness.
- Attend annual OMSL Pizza Lunch and interact with students.
- Receive periodic communications on key OMSL and MSSG issues.
- To support OMSL fund-raising initiatives.