Adolescent Substance Abuse Prevention
- Adolescent Substance Abuse Prevention has the primary objective of making a positive impact on the knowledge and attitudes of adolescents in the Indianapolis Public Schools towards tobacco, alcohol and other drugs.
- Relationships between organ physiology, a functioning body, and good health are emphasized.
- Opportunities for adolescents to devise and practice strategies to reject drugs and deal with situations of peer pressures are given.
- In addition, ASAP provides an important service learning experience for all medical students.
- It encourages them to develop skills for communicating effectively that will be important to their future practice of medicine.
- ASAP also encourages and empowers medical students to serve as role models for youth in the community.
- The first sessions begin in the fall. Sessions run throughout the year, and students can choose how many sessions they would like to attend. Each session lasts about an hour and a half.
Brian Decker, MD
|Event Pictures Coming Soon!|